Τρίτη 18 Ιουνίου 2019

mermaid


I close my eyes and sink in a semi salty parallelogram white coffin

others call it a bathtub but the water is never enough to rinse my consciousness clean
and you, never dared to sink with me

you were afraid that you would slip on the icy tiles, and the steam would awake your sleeping cells

imagine

only then, with your head immersed, to you hear your heart beating

And I , with out breath, I dive and I sink, overwhelmed by thoughts, with the illusion that I might some day balance between water and land, but I never belonged to this land, I will always be promised to water, sinking

there at the depths, at deserted oceans, deserted my self, I will be giving birth, with no mate, on white sand, I will be laying my eggs

I will be swimming and grabbing from rocks, next to skates with pointy tails

Once in a while, I can hear the octapus playing the piano, and I vaguely remember that I used to be human, that music did exist

but now, exists only a deep hum of lost souls, sinking, some from mistakes and some from passion, all inside this irresistible blue of mother sea

Mermaids with loose hair, no voice, only a set of pearls over their naked breasts and and a pair of stone eyes

sitting on chests, empty of jewlery, are waiting for a sailor to pass near by so they will claim his soul

laid on the rocks, detaching the sleeping shells, I loved you

you were not as afraid of my tail, as you were of the violence I was killing these innocent rock creatures to feed my self

for you were human but I had long ago forgotten the ways of men

But know this, I loved you

but now I have to sink again as the sun burns my naked back and drains my bleeding soul
with a strike of my tail I sink again as it has been centuries since I have forgotten how to walk

It s useless holding on to you, while you ll be reaching out for oxygen, I will once more be sinking

Marina Saveriadou



Δεν υπάρχουν σχόλια:

Δημοσίευση σχολίου

Mind games

  Του έστειλε μήνυμα στο κινητό μια φωτογραφία με το σβέρκο της σημαδεμένο, μελανιασμένο, ένα σημάδι όπως τότε, όπως αυτό που της έκανε εκεί...